Excerpt from the Weekly Youth Updates email in case you missed it.  Included is a video from my happy place! I can always find peace and calm there.   Enjoy!  


I have to be honest with you.  I am struggling this week.  I was so excited planning for our zoom meetings and all of the new and different ways to connect with you during this time.  My heart was FULL on Sunday after we had middle school youth group, high school youth group, and then a college devotion time.  My heart continued to grow when I saw and heard from our Seniors at our Zoom Senior Bible Study on Monday night.   I felt so blessed to see and hear from you all, but I realized even more how hard this situation is for everyone.  Not being able to navigate with you in person is extremely hard for me!   Yesterday I hit a wall.  I felt all kinds of emotions...mad, sad, worried, discouraged, hopeful, confused, blessed...the list goes on!  How can one person feel all of those things at the same time?  Not sure, but I did!  I tried hard to ignore the feelings and push through but I couldn't.  I just had to stop and recognize the feelings.  We actually talked about that some at Senior Bible Study, and I hear Katherine say it to the kids all of the time..."your feelings are your feelings".  We have to name them and work through them.  Your feelings are valuable and real.  Share them with those you love and talk about them.  Don't do like I did and just try to ignore them!   This IS a scary, difficult time, but it is also a time that is full of opportunities and blessings.  My family has shared dinner together more in the last few weeks than we have in a long time!  I am grateful for that opportunity.  I walked outside yesterday morning and heard birds, saw a cardinal on the fence, watched a bunny hop through the woods, and a squirrel run along my fence (all within about 30 seconds).  I am sure those things happen simultaneously all of the time, but I just don't take the time to notice.  In that moment, I thanked God for slowing me down long enough to notice His amazing creations.   I saw posts this week where you all were sharing your favorite Bible verse and nominating others to share theirs as well.  See a verse, share a verse...is that what it was called?  Whatever it was, it was beautiful.  Thank you for that!  

Continue to be real, share your feelings, and take time to notice the good that is around you!  I promise you won't have to look hard.  And pray for one another!  It is likely that you are all feeling the same emotions at some point or time.  Pray for your friends...and then let them know you prayed for them!  Last night at God's Girls, Shannon reminded the girls to actually call each other, or facetime so they could hear each other's voices.  That is HUGE!  Don't just text and snapchat.  During this time of staying at home and social distancing, make sure you are seeing a friends face or hearing their voice.  It is therapeutic. 

I love you and miss you, but am here for you always!  Do not hesitate to reach out if you need me!  

Peace, love, and HUGS,
Janet


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to our new blog for youth and families